Our goal is to provide skills, support and opportunity to get started to those who wish to grow food in their gardens in the Old Moat area.
Below are the different ways we can help:
- Free raised bed (growing plot made of wood) and some plants, seeds, herbs & support with composting. (NB funding permitting)
- Growing advice form ourselves and our own expert advisory group ‘Sow the City’
- One to one chats with members
- Email, telephone, text and Facebook communication for any help and advice you may need ... or even just to say hello and show the rest of the group how your veggies are doing!
- The option to welcome wildlife into your garden with flowers, bug hotels, trees, bushes and more.
- Craft and plant days for the junior members of the group to get involved and grow their own vegetables.... a great way to help them learn!
- Gatherings, parties & other fun events where we come together as a community, share our produce and celebrate our achievements.
- The opportunity to join our Committee and work with others to expand our community.
Most importantly, we are a friendly, diverse and welcoming group. We all have a passion for gardening and want to sow, grow and give composting a go!
Thanks for your interest.